Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day #1

Well, we finished the first day of shooting The Glass House. We were in the town of Brezoi, about 3 hours NW of Bucharest. The production team dug railroad tracks that lay in front of a large, metal bridge, which is the setting for the Hungarian labor camp, in our story. The day was full of dry squibs firing, for the effect of bullet hits, from attacking airplanes; a huge explosion from a bomb drop; and stunt performers jumping off the bridge into the river.
We have a wonderfully talented cast. Our lead actor, playing Elek, is Jonas Armstrong. He is known for playing Robin Hood in the UK series, Robin Hood. Mark Wells, also from the UK, is playing Elek's best friend, Ferenc. They are two Jewish Hungarians, caught up in the Nazi occupation of Hungary in 1944. They're sent to a forced labor camp, run by a nasty Hungarian army officer, Sorenzi, played by Mark Wingett. In the camp they meet and befriend, Samuel, played by Tom Bacon. Most of our cast is from the UK and Romania, with a few Americans...I being one of them, later to come.
Our director of photography is Dean Cundey, who shot Jurassic Park, the Back to the Future movies, and Apollo 13, among many others. He is an exceptional artist. There is a lot to learn from Mr. Cundey.
The production team is wonderful, with a blend of US and Romanian personnel. Every one is getting along and working well with each other...a very good sign for the first day. I'll let you know if that still is the case on day 30.
There is so much to explain and unfortunately, I'm not a great writer, so I apologize if I ramble. My entries will most likely be a running train of thought.
I will post pictures as I go through the days.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! The pix look great! And the cast sounds wonderful. I do remember Armstrong for "Robin Hood" he's cute. ;) I hope everything continues to go well. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for infomation on this movie.
    Jonas was wonderfull on Robin Hood and look forward to seeing him in this movie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, CW, I'd heard about this movie and saw the advance trailer on The Liberty Studios site. It sounds like an important story. Thanks so much for supplying background to those of us who have been wondering when/how the movie would be made. I look forward to your posts, and I hope you'll be telling us about your own character as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, CW for doing this. As an American, I don't find much information on Jonas Armstrong. I loved him as Robin Hood. He was brillant in that roll. I am looking forward to seeing him on the silver screen. Please say hi from one of his angels. Watch a grin come on his face when you say that. Long story but I am sure he will tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy that you are posting this journal about the making of this film. I love the photos you have posted and I can't wait for more. And finally, I wish you, the cast, and the crew a successful and trouble free shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for this information. I shall check in regulaly to see how it's all going. I am a huge Jonas Armstraong fan and can't wait to see him in this role.So to all of the cast a crew I wish you all the very best for the rest of the shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the information. I can't wait to see the film and wish you all sucess shooting the rest if it. I too am a big fan of Jonas, he is a very talented actor and cannot wait to see him playing another great role.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you CW, for posting this journal. The first photos are wondeful. The whole team seems amazing, with talented actors. I'm a huge fan of Jonas, could you please also say hi to him from one of his angels (an Angel from France).
    Looking forward for your posts, and whishing you good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too am an avid Jonas Armstrong Fan, another of his angels from Australia, Please say hello to him from me. I am travelling to Blackpool in September to the Convention. Thank you very much CW for this wonderful journal and best of luck to you and the cast and crew for a very successful movie. Looking forward to its release.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another big fan of Jonas who is happy to see him working on new project ;)
    Angel from Poland ;))

    ReplyDelete